Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CVS

CVS is new to our area so I'm still getting used to them and their Extra Care Bucks. However, I did make the ECBs work for me this week. First, I bought a 12 pack of Lipton green tea that was on sale for $5.99 and a pumpkin carving tool that was $1.99. I used a $7 ECB that I had from my last visit so my total with tax came to $1.76! Plus I got $2.99 EBCs back. Next I bought 2 bags of candy corn on sale for .44 cents each and a 16 count Carefree pantyliners for $3.99. I had a $1 off coupon for the pantyliners and the $2.99 ECBs so my total with tax came to $1.24! And I got $3 ECBs back.

SO I got:
12 pack tea
pumpkin carving tool
2 bags of candy corn
pantyliners
all for $3 ---- and got $3 back in EBCs so it was 'like getting it for free'

The tea had a coupon on it for a free liter of Lipton Sparkling tea, but I guess they don't sell that at CVS... so I guess Ill save it for another time, but that wouldve made the deal even better!

When I was in the middle of the second transaction - you know handing the guy my stack of coupons and what not - a lady got in line behind me. I could tell she was maybe a little annoyed with all my 'stuff'. But it was so great when the cashier told me "$1.24". She flinched - big time. Yes I'm sorry I made you wait a whole minute, but I'm not paying much for my items haha :)


Today I got a free facial. When I was at the Kids Fest thing at the zoo a while back all the vendors had raffles and whatnot. Really they just want to reel you in with a free gift and try to get you to buy more. So the Mary Kay lady calls and says I won the raffle! I get a free facial and a gift card to buy from the catalog. I can bring friends and they all get free facials too (of course - more people to sell to!) So my sister and I went and we got to buff and scrub and moisturize our faces and try some foundation colors. We exfoliated our lips and hands and tested perfumes. We bought nothing, except I used my gift card. She wants us to come back and she will do our makeovers - woo hoo!

Mail Call:

Thurs: Free mags - Wood and Prevention
Fri: Free mag - Ladies Home Journal (it had a sample of eye cream in it!)
Sat: I dont remember
Mon: non mail day :(
Tue: Childrens Zyrtec BzzKit - came with a box of the Zyrtec(10 doses) and coupons to pass out, a sample of a creme to make bruises go away, and something else that came in a padded envelope, but for the life of me I cant remember what it was?
Wed: Free mag - Body & Soul

No comments: