Saturday, August 15, 2009

I got free stuff and I wasn't even trying!

Today I took the boys and headed over to DD's Discounts because they were having a drawing for 2 free laptops. You had to be present to win which always helps your chances since only those who show up can win. We, however, didn't win. I was trying to look around the store for some bargains, but the boys were being absolutely horrible (I think Mark was tired). So we left and went to Savemart to get bread. I had a moment of weakness and got a tub of ice cream too. But the best part was a lady giving away free samples! I got a sample of fabric softener and two bottles of all-purpose cleanser, one pine and one lavender scent. The bottles were about 9 oz each. Very nice samples!

We went to the library next and then to Rite Aid where they had Scotch pop-up tape free with rebate. I had $1 off coupon for the tape so I paid (with tax) $1.71 but I will get $2.49 back for the rebate! Woohoo! They paid ME to buy the tape. Love it :)

Finally, while we in the parking lot at SaveMart a man gave us a flier and said if we went to the church across the street they were giving kids a backpack filled with school supplies for free! So we went and Jesse got a new backpack with a pack of crayons, a pack of markers, 2 pencils, 2 erasers, 1 pen, a folder and a pack of loose leaf paper! Very cool and very generous of the church!

In the mail I got two free packets of PureVia sweetener.

No comments: