Monday, July 13, 2009

Morning of Freebies

A few weeks ago I read an article in the paper about the summer free lunch program. Basically its just an extension of the free lunch program in the schools, but it is open to anyone 18 and under and they give the lunches away at schools, parks and churches. I had heard of this program before and thought about checking it out but never did. This article, however, mentioned they had low turnout for the free lunches and were in danger of losing the federal funding. So I figure its my civic duty to take my kids down to park and check it out :) It doesn't look like great food ( we are talking 'school lunches' here ) but the boys seem to like it so we have been going to lunch and now breakfast too for a couple of weeks...

So anyways, that leads into the free morning outing we had:

Free breakfast for the boys @ the park (cereal, milk, apple juice)
Free sample of McDonald's Iced Mocha ( which wasn't iced - it was luke warm, yum)
Free sausage muffin and free cheeseburger from Burger King (instant wins from contest)
Free books from library

and then back to the park for
Free lunch (sandwich, milk, crackers, fruit, and veggie)


In the mail I got two free magazines: Family Fun and Parents, a Carefree liner, and a test strip to see if you have hard water.

My mom got the free quart of paint I had sent to her house... still haven't gotten mine :(

No comments: